Hair loss, especially for men and women can affect how we feel about ourselves. A beautiful head of hair translates to self-confidence, appreciating our appearance and affecting everything from our innate desirability to our social status. And there are quite a few reasons you might have a less than stellar head of hair, including the following:
- Having a genetic history of alopecia
- Imbalanced hormones like pregnancy, menopause or even aging
- Health concerns like scalp infections, lupus, diabetes or a hair-pulling disorder
- Drugs treating cancer or radiation therapy in the head
- Taking too much or too little vitamin A, poor overall nutrition
- High-stress levels from surgery, fever, emotional loss
No matter what the cause, our dermatology specialists, Dr. Kraig K. Jenson, Byron Edwards or Dr. Devin Burr can assess your scalp and hair, and may take a biopsy or blood test for accuracy. Once a diagnostic has been making, our Dermatology Center in Orem, Utah may recommend one of the following solutions:
-Getting a hair transplant: This is where we transplant skin from a healthy section of hair on your scalp onto the area that is sparse.
-Having a scalp reduction: This involves taking away the bald sections of your scalp and closing them with healthy areas of your head or hair.
-Performing a scalp expansion: This surgical procedure involves implanting expanders under your scalp that stretch it for three to four weeks so that hair-growing areas can be taken.
You don’t have to live with hair loss with the treatment our practice has available to you. If you are ready to do something about your hair loss, we invite you to schedule a consultation by calling 801-224-5200. We are excited to help you regain your self-confident image!