Celebrate National Healthy Skin Month by Taking Good Care of Your Skin and Having Problems Checked Early
Since your skin is the largest organ in your body and November is National Healthy Skin Month we want to focus on how you can keep your skin healthier all year round and how to check for skin cancer.
Skin Care Protection
- Clean your face daily
- Moisturize your skin daily and hydrate with plenty of water
- Lessen sweating by using an antiperspirant instead of deodorant
- Assess your skin type (oily, dry, or combination) so you can use products that work best for you
- Check your skin routinely for blemishes or moles with abnormal shapes or colors to catch skin cancer early
- Use water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of 30+
- Use petroleum jelly to treat minor skin injuries and moisturize your skin and nails
- Wear good-fitting shoes to keep blisters and corns away
Skin Conditions to Watch For
-Acne: Pimples clog the path from your oil glands to the pores of the skin, often showing up on your face, neck, back, shoulders, and chest. These can be blackheads, whiteheads or even nodular and cystic acne deep in the skin that leave scars.
-Eczema: Shows up as itchy, dry and red skin from inflammation to afflict adults and children alike.
-Seborrheic Dermatitis: Here you’ll see oily, waxy patches on your baby’s scalp which disappear and may show up again during puberty.
-Skin Cancer: afflicts 1 million people a year and up to 20% of Americans will get skin cancer during their lifetime. While squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma are most common, up to 75% of skin cancer-related deaths are caused by melanoma. So take good care of your skin and it will take good care of you.
Call Dermatology Center Today
Our board-certified dermatologists in Orem, Utah are ready to help you with all kinds of skincare, including treatments for:
- Fungal Infection
- Hair Loss
- Mole Removal
- Nail Problem
- Removal of Benign Tumors
- Skin Discoloration
- Skin Irritation/Rash
- Wart Removal
If you see something suspicious on your skin or want to learn more about proper skincare, schedule a visit with Dr. Kraig K. Jenson, Byron Edwards or Dr. Devin Burr. Call 801-224-5200 today!